I wrote a blog post on how to work with lawyers at a startup nearly two-and-a-half years ago. It was very widely read.
If you don’t have much experience in working with law firms at a startup it’s a good primer.
In that post I talked about how to select a law-firm for a startup. It should be:
- Right-sized; and
I specifically called out some of the best people I had personally worked with
- Dave Young (LA … DLA Piper)
- Sam Angus (NorCal … Fenwick & West)
- Scott Alderton (LA … Stubbs Alderton)
- Don Lee (LA … LKP)
- David Hernand (LA … Gibson Dunn)
- Joey Tran (SF Bay Area … Fortis)
- Michael Pfau (Santa Barbara … Reicker Pfau)
- Mike Lincoln (Washington DC / Virginia … Cooley)
By now I know many more. But these were my eight. And still the 8 I most often recommend in their respective geographies.
And then today. BOOM!
The magic all ...