The sale of this business presents a rare opportunity to acquire an extremely well organised and highly successful business, which has the added benefit of being able to take advantage of the shifts and trends within the industry that would enable this Company to grow exponentially.
First formed in 1999, this Company offers a scope of works that has seen it establish a second to none reputation within the industry and become the preferred supplier to an extremely impressive client profile.
The Company has the enviable status of being the industry’s oldest established private company in the UK.
Success factors have been based on the skills to recognise the advancements in technology that will benefit its clients, growth is based on a first class client satisfaction.
The Company promises to deliver the highest quality products and service, priding themselves on offering clients creative solutions and inspiration for their projects, be it a movie, DVD or a 30-second commercial. A comprehensive media library is held, which enables client immediate access to their projects, whether it is for redistribution or otherwise.
At present 60% of company revenues come from TV production with the remaining 40% being attributed to DVD production.
• Studios- well equipped studios offer the perfect climate for clients to view their projects.
• Three Sonic Solutions DVD Creators - 80% of the worlds titles are produced on Sonic. Creator offers the highest quality encoding, authoring, pre-mastering and disk image verification facilities available, eliminating all risk in title production. It is the only system to offer full DVD Forum specification, including eDVD for internet connectivity.
• Avid Symphony- The industry’s leaders in uncompressed broadcast editing.
• 844x (HDx)- Using HDx technology it is the latest and most powerful 10-bit, uncompressed, 444, real time compositor.
• Quantel Editbox V9- One of the most comprehensive uncompressed tools available. With over 2 hours of storage, endless capabilities
• Full 3D- Using the latest toolset from Discreet, 3D Studio Max is firmly established as the world’s leader for 3D productions.
• Combustion- An award –winning Discreet product for particle generation, Morphing and special FX.
• Graphics- Design for TV, print, commercials, DVD and multimedia is at the core of this business. Using software from the traditional Photoshop and After FX, 844x and Editbox.
• Avid Adrenaline HD - Fully equipped Hi Def studio providing the only fully monitored studio in the region. Continuing the organisations 'early adopter' strategy the equipment provides the very latest and most stable platform available for the HD markets of film, tv and DVD.
The Company has a reputation within the industry as being a market leader in the UK for education products. It is also a key player in the following:
• TV, Film and video production
• DVD Production
• Live Events
• Design and Graphics
• Animation and 3D
This Company holds a who’s who of clients spanning many sectors; creative projects have been successfully carried out with such a sterling reputation, it would be impossible to list all its accomplishments here. Further details are available upon a completed Non Disclosure Agreement being signed and returned to Turner Butler but includes many household names, both nationally and internationally.
All administrative procedures are computerised and a wealth of management information is available and maintained. Sage Accounting software is used providing detailed information regarding the financial position of the company.
The Company has many loyal satisfied customers and does everything possible to enhance their excellent reputation and to develop commitment to customers' needs, including customer care focused on delivering accurate, up-to-date product support for optimum usability and performance.
Only a Company that provides outstanding customer service would be able to succeed within this business sector. This company does so by providing a complete turnkey solution and this is evident in the high calibre clients and contracts they hold.
This Company is able to respond quickly and positively to client demands and over the years, they have built up a reputation for honesty, integrity and for being easy to deal with.
The core strengths of this company are its adaptability and its reliability to deliver on time every time. Projects commissioned are always within budget. Its reputation for employing excellent creative and technical staff is well established.
• Early adopter of technology, continue to be leading edge
• High value range of equipment available to work on projects
• Cost effective solutions
• Very well established business providing high customer service levels
• High level of self sufficiency, giving competitive pricing and fast turnaround
• Outstanding premises with offices and studios
• Enviable customer base
• Excellent operating margins
• Excellent staff with in-depth knowledge of products and services offered
• Superior quality products
• Clients provided with complete service
• Delivery of flexible, first class service
• Excellent reputation for quality, technical knowledge and service
• Professional service
• Flexible business
• Industry knowledge
• Strong profit growth
• Excellent reputation for integrity and quality workmanship
• In depth knowledge of business
• Recognized leader in the field
• Individual attention to the clients’ requirements
Furthermore the business has a good future order book with several lucrative contracts in place that span the next two years or so.
The business is being offered for sale on a going concern basis, all financial discussions will take place directly between the vendor and all interested parties under the auspices of Turner Butler.
The business currently achieves turnover of circa £411,000 p.a. Gross Profits circa £702,000 p.a. EBITDA circa £85,000. The business has a high level of technology and equipment (estimated value is circa £250,000). It also has a strong future order book and written contacts in place spanning the next couple of years.
Support & training:
The current owners would be happy to provide full training and support at handover.
The most important resource of any business is its people and this is reflected in the fact that all of the staff have been with the company long term. The Company has in place an active succession planning, enabling the current Owners to take a back seat and develop the skills set and abilities of its current staffing structure. At present the two directors work full time within the business, one on the business operations side, the other is more hands on with regards overall production and direction. The company also employs the following core staff. •1 Full Time Production Manager •1 Full Time Technical Manager •1 Full Time Technical Editor The company employs three further full time staff(animation, dvd production and technical support) and also has a team of freelance specialists (e.g cameramen, sound engineers etc) who it calls upon as and when required.
The Business currently operates normal office hours on Monday to Friday.
Reasons for selling:
A stage has been reached where the owners wish to reduce their working hours and plan to retire within the near future. The owners will provide full business familiarisation, training and handover and is offering the business for sale not only as an organically expanding going concern but also with further significant growth potential.
Competition / Market:
A high proportion of the business's revenue has been due to its excellent reputation for quality of service and strong word of mouth recommendation. A high profile interactive website which has recently been updates offers a complete descriptive and visual image of the services and possibilities available. Brochures and DVD production are used to give clients an insight into the scope of works available. The company also produces an electronic newsletter online.
The opportunities for the expansion and growth of this Business are so far reaching that only a face-to-face meeting with the Owner would do justice to the true potential of this Business. In saying that a more proactive approach to sales would certainly benefit the business. The business has a client database of over 3000 and this is ripe for future development.