An estate in the hills over-looking Castelnaudary in the Languedoc. Secluded, it sits at the head of a valley with views over the surrounding countryside. The farmhouse has been totally refurbished and is configured to house three independent dwellings: the main house (5-bedroom gite) the converted barn (owner's 2-bedroom residence) and converted stables (a second 2-bedroom gite).
What's for sale:
- a 16 hectare estate with old converted farmhouse
- about 340m² of living space divided into three dwellings
- the main house is on three storeys: ground floor large kitchen, spacious dining area, living room with wood-burning stove and French windows, bathroom and toilet. First floor has 4 bedrooms (one with en-suite bathroom) and a bathroom/WC, the second floor houses a huge attic bedroom.
- the converted barn (where the present owners live) adjoins the main house. On two floors, it boasts a very large living/kitchen area on the ground floor and two bedrooms, a bathroom and offic space on the first floor.
- the converted stables house the third dwelling: a simple two-bedroomed gite (on the ground floor) with a mezzanine for storage/child's room.
- a 6x12metre pool with ingenious solar-heating system and chlorine-free UV filter.
- numerous outhouses (of which the garage/barn could be converted into living space) and animal shelters (donkeys, horses, chickens etc are all raised on the farm at present).
- 16 hectares of deciduous woods and pasture.
This estate can be considered as either an investment opportunity for someone keen to exploit the full potential of the letting capacity, or as a home for a large family who love nature and animals.
The present owners run a successful business letting the main house and the converted stables to repeat customers from all over the world. High-season rents for the two gites come to over 2300 euros per week. Proximity to Toulouse (45 minutes) and Carcassonne (30 minutes) mean that a seminar market could be tapped in the off-season, given the intimate and secluded nature of the location.
This business can be run from home.
Furniture / Fixtures value:
Support & training:
The present owners will be pleased to instruct the purchaser in the art of running their complex
Reasons for selling:
retirement (owner over 70)
Competition / Market:
none of this quality (space and heated pool) within a radius of about 20/30 kms
Size in square feet:
About two kilometres from the nearest village - the 12th century fortified village of Laurac. 7 minutes from Castelnaudary (shops, schools, railway) and 25 minutes from Carcassonne (regional capital, airport, administration etc). 60 minutes from the Mediterranean beaches.
adjoins the main house. On two floors, it boasts a very large living/kitchen area on the ground floor and two bedrooms, a bathroom and offic space on the first floor. Private patio outside of the French windows.
Real Property Included