This profitable eco-tourism resort with 30 years of operation is selling as a turnkey working business featuring licensed hotel, restaurant, and tour operation. Owner retiring. Features: 11+ acres, buildings, vehicles, internet, database, jungle trails, pool, mature fruit trees and gardens. Easily accessible from San Ignacio, Belize. Two Adjacent 45~ acre tracts available.
Lodge with 8 cottages/cabanas, 7 room lodge, jungle, garden and pool
Restaurant with complete kitchen serving international and local gourmet cuisine
Licensed Tour Operator to top tourism area destinations
* Top-rated working eco-tourism resort -- 30 years of experience
* Easy access: Close to town and central to tourism sites
* Beautiful birds, fabulous flowers, remarkable rainforest, jewel-like jungle
* Tropical fruit trees; edible, ornamental, medicinal plants
* Lovely lifestyle: biking, hiking, swimming, and other activities
* Jungle sights and sounds surround you; nature
* Culture: Delightful diversity of Caribbean and Central American cultures
* Warm weather – Get out of the cold!
Reasons for selling:
Competition / Market:
Top-rated ecolodge: Consistently achieves top ranking with Trip Advisor, which results in guests finding the lodge and making reservations via the internet. Favorable coverage in all major travel books and guides for Belize including Insight Guide, Lonely Planet, The Rough Guide, Fodor’s, etc. and 30 year reputation as a top eco-tourism facility.
Hotel is expandable: The present hotel buildings and pool use 4 of the 11 acres. More cabins could be added for more guest capacity. For example, electricity and water connections running to present cabins could be extended to additional cabins.
All local licenses and planning permissions
Size in square feet:
Residence: 1,800 sq. ft. residence includes 1,200 sq. ft. manager’s home with 3 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, 12 ft. x 20 ft. living room, and dining room overlooking tropical garden; plus 600 sq. ft. caretaker’s home. Both have private bath with hot shower.